PARENT’S/GUARDIAN CODE OF CONDUCT
As a player’s parent/guardian :
- Remember that the children are participating to have fun, and learn character‐building processes that can benefit them for life, and that the game is for youth, not adults.
- Inform the coach of any physical disability or ailment that may affect the safety of my child or the safety of others.
- Be a positive role model for the participates, and will not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, players, or parent such as booing, and taunting; name calling, refusing to shake hands; or using profane language or gestures – even when upset.
- Understand that while at any WESTSIDE CARDINALS YOUTH FOOTBALL & CHEER event we are prohibited from engaging in and/or initiating negative criticism, gossip, slander, and/or any other form of speech that is otherwise offensive or will spread discord amongst anyone participating and/or attending WESTSIDE CARDINALS YOUTH FOOTBALL & CHEER
- Teach your child to play by the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility, name calling or violence.
- Demand that your child treats other players, coaches, officials and spectators with respect regardless of race, creed, color, sex or ability.
- Praise your child for competing fairly and trying hard, and remind your child that doing one’s best is most important.
- Do not ridicule your child or other participants for making a mistake or losing a competition – during or after a game.
- Promote the emotional and physical well‐being of the athletes ahead of any personal desire to win.
- Respect the officials, coaches, volunteers and other authority including WESTSIDE CARDINALS YOUTH FOOTBALL & CHEER ’s Staff at all times, including during games and do not question or confront officials, coaches, and other authority at the game field, and will take time to speak with officials, coaches, and other authority at an agreed upon time and place.
- Do your part to ensure the sports environment for your child is free from drugs, tobacco, and alcohol and refrain from their use at all youth sports events, and being under the influence of these items at all youth sports events.
- Refrain from coaching your child or other players during games and practices, unless you are one of the official coaches of the team.
- Obey all County laws, WESTSIDE CARDINALS YOUTH FOOTBALL & CHEER ’s, and the conference WESTSIDE CARDINALS YOUTH FOOTBALL & CHEER is a member of rules while at youth sports events;
- Do your part to ensure that the park and visiting parks stay clean, by placing your trash in the designated areas and making sure that all visitors to our park do the same
- Make every effort to ensure that your child is at every practice and game, and on time;
- Make efforts to volunteer and work the designated time(s) in the concession stand(s), if you are unable to work the time(s) designated, you agree to find someone to work on your behalf;
- Understand if at any point during a game, if any parent, guardian, or guest of the team interrupts the normal flow of the game, they can be subject to disciplinary action that will include, but not limited to the following:
- Verbal warning by official to head coach, assistant coaches, players, parents, and/or guest of the team both on the field and within the facility.
- 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty enforced
- Forfeiture of the game and automatic one-game suspension, with written documentation of incident kept on file by WESTSIDE CARDINALS YOUTH FOOTBALL & CHEER
- Removal from the sports complex, by WESTSIDE CARDINALS YOUTH FOOTBALL & CHEER Executive Board Member and/or by the local law enforcement agency.
- Season suspension of the party involved, with no refund being issued
If at any time during the season, as a parent or guardian, an issue arises when you would like to discuss the matter with the CCYAL or WESTSIDE CARDINALS YOUTH FOOTBALL & CHEER, you may do so by contacting the Program Coordinator, so that a special meeting of the Football Commission may be called to address the issue(s).
Social Media & Message Boards
Westside Cardinals Youth Football & Cheer recognizes the role social media plays in modern communication. As such, we respect the right of our associates to use message boards and social networks for self-publishing and self-expression while adhering to our organizational guidelines.
As a Westside Cardinals Youth Football & Cheer volunteer, parent or member, your commentary is not only a direct reflection of you personally but also our brand. Any commentary that is considered defamatory, obscene, proprietary or libelous by any offended party could subject you to personal liability and damage Westside Cardinals Youth Football & Cheer’s reputation. Once it’s on the Internet, it’s there forever.
We do not distinguish between “personal time” and “organization hours” usage, or personal devices and organization-provided equipment. You are at all times a representative of Westside Cardinals Youth Football & Cheer regardless of how or when you are posting on social media and message boards.
Engaging with and sharing content posted by Westside Cardinals Youth Football & Cheer -branded accounts is encouraged and appreciated.
Engaging personally with Westside Cardinals Youth Football & Cheer stakeholders (donors, volunteers, board members, sponsors, vendors, etc.) is encouraged and appreciated.
Representing yourself as a Westside Cardinals Youth Football & Cheer representative, up to and including the use of our logos and branding, on your personal profiles is encouraged. Our President and Vice President can provide you with suggested language, images and branding guidelines. Please adhere to them.
Have a problem with a representative of Westside Cardinals Youth Football & Cheer? Work it out in person. Airing your personal grievances on social media and message boards rarely leads to positive outcomes.
Harassing, threatening, discriminating against or disparaging any individuals through social media will not be tolerated, whether directly or indirectly implied.
Sharing any organization-privileged information, including copyrighted information or organization-issued documents, through social media will not be tolerated.
Sharing photographs of other representatives, clients, vendors, suppliers without their permission through social media or message boards is prohibited.
You are to contact our President immediately if contacted by the media or press about any post that relates to Westside Cardinals Youth Football & Cheer business.
Violations of any of the guidelines listed in this policy will be subject to corrective counseling and may result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination of duties, association and/or event attendance privileges. Where necessary, we will advise appropriate officials of any violations of law.
If you become aware of any violations of this policy, you should report the violation to our President or the Executive Board.
Nothing in this policy is intended to create a contract of participation or for the provision of any benefit, and this policy does not in any way alter the “at will” nature of participation with our organization.