ARTICLE 1: NAME AND OBJECTIVES
Section 1 – NAME: The name of the organization is Westside Cardinals Youth Football & Cheer Booster’s Club.
Section 2 – GENERAL OBJECTIVE: Provide support and develop interest for all programs and activities that promote athletic excellence, sportsmanship, scholastic achievement, and the opportunity of higher education in the Caswell County School District.
Section 3 – SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES: The purposes of the club shall be:
- a) To develop student and community interest in all Caswell County Parks & Recreation sports activities and to promote a superior athletic program with a focus on the student athlete.
- b) To promote interest and attendance at all Westside Cardinals Youth Football & Cheer events and competitions.
- c) To conceive, create and develop ideas, projects and other assistance to further the athletic program and to improve the athletic facilities in Caswell County with a focus on the student athlete.
- d) To be organized and operated exclusively for the charitable and educational purposes related to the Westside Cardinals Youth Football & Cheer athletes and Parks & Recreation athletic program.
- e) To help maintain and improve communications and cooperation between and among parents, coaches, teachers, students, student athletes, athletic director, administrators, and the Parks & Recreation Board for the advancement and improvement of the athletic programs.
- f) To raise funds to be utilized for supporting student athletes and the athletic programs and facilities.
ARTICLE 2: MEMBERSHIP
Section 1 – GENERAL:
- a) Any parent or guardian of a Westside Cardinals Youth Football & Cheer athlete is automatically a General member of the Club.
- b) Any person who is interested in the objectives of the Westside Cardinals Youth Football & Cheer Booster’s Club and active in its affairs is considered a General member of the Club.
- c) No dues are required for General membership.
ARTICLE 3: MEETINGS
Section 1 – MEMBERSHIP MEETINGS: Regular monthly meetings shall be held at 7pm on the first Monday of each month at 158 E.Church St. unless otherwise communicated.
Section 2 – EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETINGS:
- a) The President may call special Executive Committee meetings.
- b) A majority of the Executive Committee shall constitute a quorum.
- c) Any member may present anything to the Executive Committee by making it known to any officer in person or in writing.
ARTICLE 4: OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AND ELECTIONS
Section 1 – GENERAL TERMS: The officers and Executive Committee of the Club shall be the President, Vice President, Administrator, Football Director, Cheer Director and Treasurer. There may be such other officers as the Club may require from time to time. Job descriptions for the Executive Committee are an attachment to these by-laws.
Section 2 – ELECTION: The officers shall be elected at the March meeting each year. For consideration, nominees for officers require ten (10) hours of active participation within the preceding twelve (12) month period which includes attendance at a minimum of two (2) monthly general membership meetings. Nominations may only be made with the nominated person’s approval. Majority rules based on those present at the election. No person shall hold more than one office during a term.
Section 3 – TERM OF OFFICE: The term of each administration begins April 1st and ends March 31st. If need be, officers are elected yearly. If a vacancy occurs during a year, the remaining members of the Executive Committee shall elect a replacement at the next scheduled meeting.
ARTICLE 5: MOTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS
Section 1 – GENERAL: The Club shall consider no motion or resolution until it has been considered and recommended by the Executive Committee.
Section 2 – APPROVALS AND AUTHORIZATIONS: No motion or resolution will be adopted by the Club until approved by a majority at a membership meeting. The Executive Committee can authorize expenditures up to $1000 between membership meetings.
ARTICLE 6: PARLIAMENTARY AUTHORITY
Roberts Rules of Order shall govern the Booster Club in all cases which they are applicable and which they are not in conflict with these By-Laws.
ARTICLE 7: BY-LAWS ACCEPTANCE AND AMENDMENTS
Section 1 – AMENDMENTS: Amendments to the By-Laws shall require a plurality vote of the members at the May meeting. All proposed amendments shall be presented to the Executive Committee at least 60 days prior to the May meeting. The Executive Committee will notify the members of the proposed amendment at least 30 days prior to the May meeting.
Section 2 – BY-LAWS ACCEPTANCE: Acceptance of these By-Laws will be by a plurality of the voting members. These By-Laws will be considered effective immediately upon their acceptance and will supersede all previously accepted By-Laws and Amendments.